Food, Fashion, Lifestyle & Everything that is the city

Thursday, July 27, 2006

One Big Bazaar: the Internet

A year ago, my teacher once said that online shopping activities has yet to improve in the Philippines because of two reasons: First, there aren't much cardholders here as compared to other countries; Second, cardholders are hesistant to share their card number for security reasons. I guess this is true up to now but this doesn't mean that the internet hasn't developed into a shopping haven for Filipinos.


Indeed, online stores have been mushrooming everywhere, more particulary in multiply. The young ones have found a venue where they can sell their goods (new or second hand) online. With just one click of the mouse, everyone in the seller's network will be notified of new arrivals. Photos of the products are posted, ready for viewing by hundreds of prospective buyers.


Instead of using credit cards, there is a safer way of transacting business for both sellers and buyers. On the side of the seller, they can require customers to deposit the payment through his/her bank account and then send the items through courier. On the side of the buyer, if they are doubtful of paying in advance, they could always meet up with their respective sellers at a common area such as malls, schools, etc.

With the abundance of online sellers in multiply, it gets tiring to browse each one. What really catches my eye is the way each site is presented. Good product shots are important as well as feedbacks from other buyers.

Here are some good finds that I've come across with:

1. Tantease - I love their Japanese inspired top called Kyoto (799php). I bought 2: the rose and the red and black one! It's really nice! Also, check out their pants in every juicy color and those sexy shorts, ooohlala. I personally know the owners of tantease so I can assure you of safe transactions.



2. Flatterbuy - It is known for its vintage accessories. I especially love the glamorous earrings they sell here.
3. Urbain - Interesting bags from Cathy Collection, cute but cheap shoes, affordable accesories from forever21... i also know the owner so feel free to shop here.


4. In Her Own Fashion - I actually had a bad experience with this one. The clothes looked really nice in the picture but when I got the item, I was overly disappointed. Well maybe I was just unlucky! I may give this site another shot based on the feedbacks that I've read.



I'm a seller myself. If you're interested, check it out here: Pink Chocolate. It was featured in The Manila Bulletin.

-k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home